MAERSK OIL MILESTONES
2005: Purchase of 50% interest in the deepwater Block 16 covering some 4,900 km2 and with water depths up to 1,500 metres. Now, we hold a 65% interest, with partners state oil company Sonangol P&P (20%) and Odebrecht (15%).
2006: Production Sharing Agreements for Blocks 8 and 23 with an operated interest of 50% partnering with Sonangol (20%) and Svenska Petroleum (30%).
They lie in the offshore Kwanza basin and cover a combined area of 9,780 km2 with water depths up to 500 metres (Block 8) and 1,500 metres (Block 23).
2009: Discovery of Chissonga in Block 16.
2011: Discovery of Azul in Block 23.
2012: Further discovery in Block 16 with the Caporolo-1 well.
2013: The Cubal discovery was made.
Seismic reprocessing and interpretation continues in all three
Chissonga appraisal drilling activity is complete and a field
development plan is being matured.
MAERSK OIL ADDED VALUE
- Our use of advanced seismic technologies enabled the discovery of Chissonga in a block that had been extensively drilled by previous operators without success.
- 11 deepwater wells have been drilled offshore Angola since 2009.
DID YOU KNOW?
Maersk Oil has developed a social impact program ‘Acção Para Angola’ (Action for Angola) that aims to have a holistic and integrated approach to the implementation of social
investments. Some investments so far include:
- An integrated schooling, food, water & sanitation programme in Benguela province, impacting over 2,000 people.
- A programme that focuses on providing business development training and assistance in formulating business plans for female entrepreneurs. The successful
ones will be eligible for micro-loan.
- Capacity building around hygiene and sanitation jointly with the local government and local development organisation.
- Technical assistance provided to 20 local communities in managing and cultivating their agro-business, and with basic health assistance.
- Access to safe water in Malanje by drilling water wells.